Join our fast-growing award-winning company that is already considered one of the most promising global digital health startups. Please continue reading if you have a passion for healthcare, technology and being the best!
*** Note: Our team is working remotely, but needs to be Canada-based. Please do not apply if you live outside of Canada. ***
WHO WE ARE
At Careteam Technologies, we are innovation focused and believe that technology has the power to accelerate the evolution of healthcare. We want to improve the care outcomes, experiences and costs worldwide for patients, families, clinicians and decision makers. We work with health organizations to make this digital transformation real, using our deep healthcare, technology, business and change management expertise.
Our powerful, flexible and easy to use platform enables patient centered care collaboration for patients with complex, chronic diseases across different health conditions and contexts (hospital, clinic, community and home), reducing the fragmentation of care.
Careteam was started in Vancouver and is focused on the Canadian, US, and UK markets.
See more at https://www.getcareteam.com/about/about-us
- About our users, customers, partners, and communities
- About the impact, speed, and quality of our work
- About each other - energy and enthusiasm are in our DNA
- Think from first principles and leveraging best evidence
- Push the norms of "what is" into what "should be"
- Get things done quickly and deliver more than expected
- Work on the big issues that need to be solved
- Generate respect and trust in us and our efforts
- Create networks and coalitions to go faster and farther
- Thrive on change, constantly evolve using data and feedback
- Act as a learning organization - listen, debate, act, evolve
- Share our learnings with others and learn from them
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking ambitious, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial people to join us as Software Developers, within a very experienced “get things done well” focused team.
- Passion for improving the status quo in health care. Like to approach problems creatively, and with empathy for the end user and your colleagues.
- Functions well in a company that is growing from start-up to scale-up, wear different hats, love the opportunity to do a variety of work in a supportive learning environment.
- Able to work effectively remotely, or in a hybrid environment with a team that has the ability to choose whether to work remotely or in the office.
- An undeniably positive attitude, dedication, curiosity. Commitment to life-long learning, love solving problems and taking on challenges.
- Motivated by impact and results, driven. Cares about the impact that the product they work for has on the lives of others, and about improving health care.
- Able to work as a strong member of a strong team. Loves helping others. We’re not looking for solo heroes, we’re looking for awesome teammates.
- Healthcare related experience or knowledge
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience with both consumer and enterprise software
- Rails backend, providing REST APIs and server-side rendered pages but transitioning to fully separated frontend and backend, testing with RSpec
- Postgres and Redis, transitioning from heavy-use of Rails ActiveRecord use to direct SQL queries
- Data analytics and ETL tools such as Airbyte, dbt, Metabase
- Health care data portability via HL7 FHIR APIs
- Microsoft Azure, Azure Kubernetes Services
- CI/CD via GitHub Actions, Docker for containerization
- GitHub, Slack, Notion, Linear, Loom
- Modular CSS, SCSS, BEM
- Redux, Redux Toolkit
WHAT WE OFFER
- An engaging and challenging opportunity in a fast moving environment to have impact at scale: work on a product to improve health care, with a highly experienced team of coworkers with a great reputation in the high-tech and healthcare communities
- Great flexible environment: work from home with a stipend to get set up, option to use an in-person office downtown, casual and fun team with lots of team social
- Competitive compensation including stock options and extended medical benefits (health, dental and vision insurance)
Careteam Technologies Inc. is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply and please include in the cover message a sentence about one of your favourite books or movies. We look forward to hearing from you!
*Please note: If you don’t fit the exact requirements, but feel you are a good fit for the role, we would like to hear from you!
LAST BUT NOT LEAST
We know how hard it is to find the right opportunity and while we receive several hundreds of applications to each single posting. with the intention of being helpful in your job search, we wanted to share the main reasons we pass for, noting that at least one of these applies to your application:
- Not a match to the requirements at the minimum level (location technology stack and/or experience level)
- No access to or examples in your resume, website or GitHub that show the performance we need to see to be excited to interview you
- No clear alignment to our mission, this one is a #musthave
- Less frequent, but still too frequent: Resume and/ or cover letter unclear or contains errors/ spelling mistakes, and/or is inconsistent from your LinkedIn in terms of dates, titles and even organizations
May the force be with you in this application and in your job search!